1. The Communications Receiver Type RA.117 has been designed for
as a general purpose receiver which will provide a high order
selectivity and stability. The receiver covers a frequency range
from 1.0 to
2. A built-in crystal-controlled calibrator provides reference
at each 100 kc/s division to permit exact alignment of the scale
pointer. Two independent i.f. outputs, in parallel, at 100 kc/s
for external use if required. A number of audio outputs are available
providing flexibility during operation; a small loudspeaker is
3. The receiver is designed to operate from 100-125 volts and
volts, 45-65 c/s main supply. The power consumtion is approximately
4. The receiver is designed for both bench (table) and rack mounting.
The front panel is painted Light Battleship Grey (British Standard
Specification 381C, colour 697) and has been carefully designed
5. The dimensions of the 1/8 in. thick front panel conform with
requirements for mounting in a standard 19 in. rack.
6. For bench mounting, the receiver is fitted in a robust steel
which has a rear opening to enable the operator to gain easy acces
to the fuses and the termination strips.
7. A dust cover is provided with both models. This may be removed
cabinet-mounted receivers in conditions of high ambient temperature.
8. The chassis and major modules are of cast construction thus
maximum rigidity and effective electrical screening. Each receiver
is supplied with three keys to facilitate removal of the control
insulated trimming tool and coaxial terminations for aerial and
connections. Extra sleeves can be provided with the terminations
alternative coaxial cable sizes.